Finding a daily skincare routine that suits your skin means first of all having perseverance in taking care of our skin, carving out a part of our day and dedicating it to following those steps necessary to always have healthy and youthful skin.
The first step is to discover your skin type: it is a fundamental step because there are suitable products and cosmetics for every skin type, but. above all. because not every skin type reacts in the same way to "external attacks", i.e. sweat, dust, smog, solar radiation and, last but not least, the products we apply.
Skincare routine for normal skin
Normal skin is balanced skin that does not show problems like many other skin types. So it is good to use products that do not upset this balance.
- Cleaning : Use a mild sulfate-free cleanser. Sulfate-free cleansers do not dry out the skin and eliminate excess oil or dirt accumulated in the pores of the skin.
- Facial toner : avoid toners that contain alcohol, as they are extremely aggressive on the skin and dehydrate and dry it. Instead, use toners with natural ingredients, like rose water, and any other moisturizing ingredients, like hyaluronic acid.
- Moisturizer : Use a light moisturizing cream that does not overload the skin, like Face Cream h24 by Nuvò Cosmetic.
- Sunscreen : Even if you use a cream that contains sunscreen, applying sunscreen as well ensures that your skin is protected from UVA and UVB rays.
Daily skincare for oily skin
- Cleanser : You need to use an oil-free, sulfate-free facial cleanser.
- Face scrub : Use a gentle one to cleanse your skin pores. Oily skin is prone to pimples , blackheads and clogged skin pores, and the scrub ensures that the skin is cleansed properly.
- Toner : Use a facial toner with astringent ingredients, which help cleanse skin and tighten pores without damaging or dehydrating it.
- Moisturizing cream : hydration is also important for oily skin. Dehydrated skin can stimulate the sebaceous glands, leaving it in worse shape than before. Choose oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers.
- Sunscreen : Choose a cream with zinc oxide, it helps prevent breakouts.
Skincare routine for dry skin
- Cleanser: Use one that's gentle on your skin, one that removes dirt without stripping it of moisture.
- Toner: Facial toners with ingredients like cucumber and aloe vera help cleanse your face while keeping it hydrated.
- Serum: Do you know how to choose a face serum? For dry skin, get an antioxidant serum that will strengthen your skin's defenses and also help curb collagen breakdown. Look for ingredients like viamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Moisturizer : Choose a moisturizer that has a thick consistency and contains moisturizing ingredients, such as dimethicone, ceramides and glycerin, and make sure its formula is oil-free and non-comedogenic.
- Sunscreen : Choose one that has a serum-like formula, with at least SPF 30 or 50.
Daily skincare for sensitive skin
- Cleanser : Use a mild, sulfate-free, non-foaming cleansing lotion to get rid of dirt without irritating your skin.
- Tonic : Avoid tonics that contain alcohol and choose one that contains ingredients like green tea, white tea, chamomile, because they are anti-inflammatory and help strengthen the skin's immune system.
- Moisturizer : For sensitive skin, look for a fragrance-free, hypoallergenic cream, as this will keep your skin hydrated without irritating it.
- Sunscreen : Choose a sunscreen that contains zinc oxide, it is less likely to irritate the skin.
Skincare routine for combination skin
Combination skin is oily in some parts (the so-called T-zone: forehead, nose and chin) and dry in others. Obviously, you don't have to follow two separate skincare routines, just find the right balance.
- Detergent : the same considerations made for oily skin can apply. here. If it's too dry for your skin, switch to a non-foaming cleansing lotion.
- Tonic : as above. You can also use a tonic containing witch hazel.
- Serum : A hydrating serum is the best choice for combination skin. Serums provide an extra dose of hydration to the skin, prevent tightness and are not heavy. Choose a serum containing hyaluronic acid.
- Moisturizer : Apply a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer for combination skin that will control oiliness while keeping skin hydrated.
- Sunscreen : Choose a sunscreen with a sun protection rating of SPF 30.
Skincare for mature skin
- Skincare for mature skin needs more attention and dedicated cosmetics.
Cleanser : Regardless of your skin type, you should use a good quality cleanser every morning and night. Mature skin needs more nourishment, so choose a cream cleanser, as it helps lock in moisture and keep it looking fresh.
- Tonic : Avoid alcohol-based tonics. As mature skin loses moisture quickly, it's best to use a hydrating, water-based toner that contains soothing ingredients such as chamomile and cucumber extracts, panthenol, and vitamin B.
- Serum : Use a serum that is light, non-greasy, and antiaging and contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
- Moisturizer : Look for moisturizers that contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, glycerin, a cream specially formulated for mature skin that is fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
- Sunscreen : mature skin needs global protection. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen that protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
More tips for maintaining healthy skin with daily skincare
- Wash your face 2 times a day: no, it's not too much. Washing your face 2 times a day will keep it clean and prevent breakouts. It is essential not to wash it excessively, because it will cause dryness and damage the skin's moisture barrier.
- Remove your make-up: You must never forget to remove your make-up before going to bed. Makeup can clog your pores and prevent your skin from breathing. This will lead to the formation of rashes and skin irritations.
- Hydrate the skin: as we have seen, for all skin types, hydration is an essential part of the skincare routine, because it will provide the skin the moisture it needs to stay healthy.
- Avoid taking showers that are too hot – excessive heat from the water will open up your pores, which leads to moisture loss.
- Give yourself 8 hours of sleep : getting little sleep is not good for your body or skin. Sleep helps keep the body cells healthy. Lack of sleep can compromise the skin's cell regeneration process, causing damage to it.
- Don't forget your sunscreen : the sun's rays are very harmful to your skin if you don't use adequate protection.
The skin is your body's largest organ. This means that it is important to take care of it every day, leaving nothing out and above all using appropriate products, suitable for your skin type.