There is not only a face mask, but a hair mask as well.
Think of hair masks as a kind of powerful hair conditioner. They provide similar benefits – they are nourishing and strengthening – but they are more intense. Hair masks can also counteract specific hair problems.
Have you ever tried a snail slime hair mask? Hair mask Nuvò Cosmetic is rich in snail slime and vegetable kieratin, which are excellent restructuring ingredients for dry, brittle and frizzy hair.
What is a hair mask?
Just like a face mask, which works to nourish and hydrate the skin, a hair mask works in a similar way and serves to improve the condition and health of your hair. In hair masks, the ingredients are usually more concentrated and the mask is left on the hair for longer - from 20 minutes to several hours.
Some hair masks can be made at home with ingredients you may already have in your kitchen, such as bananas, honey, or even egg yolk.
Typically a mask is a hair treatment created with oils, butters, and other nourishing ingredients. They are moisturizing masks that deeply penetrate and nourish the hair.
Hair undergoes a lot of stress, such as styling, dyeing, etc., which can cause serious damage to the hair. Hair treatment masks can reduce this damage and make it look healthy.
You should use a moisturizing hair treatment mask at least once a week. If your hair is drier or more damaged than usual, use it 2 or 3 times a week.
How to apply a hair mask
Here are a few steps to follow to apply a hair mask:
- Wash your hair: It is the first step to make.. A mask should be applied to clean hair, as it must be ready to absorb the key ingredients in the mask. If your hair is in bad condition or is particularly dry, use a conditioner before the mask.
- Dab your hair with a microfiber towel: For best results, apply the mask to damp hair, not dry or wet. This will help the ingredients penetrate the strands. With a microfiber towel you may quickly absorb the water from your hair without damaging them with friction.
- Searate your hair: All lengths need to benefit from the mask, so use clips to separate your hair into 3 or 4 groups, before applying the mask to each group.
- Protect your clothes: Wrap an old towel around your shoulders or put on an old T-shirt.
- Apply the mask: concentrate on the middle of the hair and ends only, gently massaging the product in a downward motion for 30 seconds. This will allow the product to penetrate and coat the cuticle for added softness and shine. You can apply the mask with your fingers or use a small brush. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave the hair mask on.
- Wrap your hair with a warm towel .Compress the mask-covered hair in a hot towel to maximize results, as the compression helps the ingredients penetrate more deeply.
- Leave the mask to act: About 8-10 minutes is more than enough for the mask to work. And remember not to brush or comb your hair when you've applied the mask, nor of course when it's wet.
- Rinse thoroughly: The mask contains powerful nourishing ingredients that restore the right amount of moisture in the hair. After applying the mask, you must rinse your hair thoroughly so as not to weigh it down or grease it.
Read also: Snail slime for dry hair
What ingredients work best in a hair mask?
Here are some of the most common ingredients to look for in a face mask:
- Bananas . To reduce frizz bananas are a good ingredient to include in a hair mask. The silicon in bananas can also make your hair softer and shinier.
- Avocado Oil . The minerals in avocado oil, such as folic acid, iron and magnesium, can help seal the hair cuticle. This can make them more resistant to damage and breakage.
- Coconut oil . Due to its low molecular weight, coconut oil can penetrate the hair shaft and this can reduce dryness and frizz.
- Eggs . The nutrients in egg yolks, including vitamin A and vitamin E , biotin and folic acid, can stimulate hair growth, while the proteins in egg whites can strengthen hair.
- Olive oil.. Olive oil contains squalene , which is naturally produced by the body,- it howeer decreases with age. Squalene is essential for hydrated hair and skin.
- Honey . Being a humectant,, honey can help your hair retain more moisture.
- Aloe vera . Ideal for soothing the scalp, aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains vitamins C, E and B-12, folic acid and choline, which can help strengthen and nourish hair.
What are the benefits of a hair mask?
There are many benefits in the use of a hair mask and they vary depending on their ingredients and hair type. Here are some of them:
- Smooth, shiny hair: Using a hair mask at least once a week will make your hair smoother and shinier – thanks to ingredients like coconut oil, argan oil, shea oil, and avocado oils – without making it flat. greasy or run the risk of developing dandruff. Instead of using a regular conditioner, apply a hair mask and distribute it throughout your hair starting from the ends.
- Less Hair Damage : There are several ways to damage your hair. For example the continuous application of heat without protection: hair straighteners, hair dryers and rollers weaken the hair cuticle causing it to fall out or break. Hair begins to lose its natural moisture and appears frizzy. A hair mask is a great way to repair and strengthen hair strands.
- Rehydration of dry hair : It is another of the problems that many people compalin of. Applying a hair mask that nourishes and moisturizes your hair is therefore a great idea. If you live in a place with a cold climate, use a mask with coconut oil or milk as the main ingredient to give your hair the necessary minerals, electrolytes and vitamins.
- Care for colored hair : Applying color to your hair can cause side effects, due to chemical-based products. Hair coloring can also cause dryness and thinning of the hair. Hair masks are ideal for restoring health and softness after an intense coloring treatment. Since the hair's natural moisture goes lost during colouring, it is imperative that you only apply products that will nourish your hair and bring out its shine.
Mask for all hair types
If, on the other hand, you want to prepare a specific mask for your hair type, we advise you to create a natural hair mask with some easily available ingredients. It is simply a matter of using them in the required doses and mixing them, then applying the mask as already recommended, even if though some masks require different procedures.
Mask for dry or frizzy hair
Certain oils, foods, and other ingredients can bring many benefits to dry hair. In addition to coconut essential oil and honey, argan oil is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and antioxidants, which help moisturize and nourish hair. If you have damaged and/or dry hair, this mask is ideal.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 spoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
Oily hair mask
Oily hair requires something specific. Let's analyse some combinations of ingredients and the effects they may produce.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice : This combination balances the pH level of your hair, while excess oil is controlled and sebum production is equalised. Squeeze the juice from one lemon and mix it with ¼ cup apple cider vinegar. Apply the solution to your hair for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Egg and Lemon Juice : The vitamin C contained in lemon juice controls excess oil, while the egg white can balance moisture on the scalp and keep the rest of the hair from drying out too much. Mix an egg white with the juice of a lemon and apply it to your hair, leaving it on for 30 minutes. Then rinse your hair with cold water.
- Honey and Banana : This combination will help deeply nourish your hair and effectively control oil on your hair and scalp thanks to the minerals and vitamins of the banana and the rich antioxidant properties of honey. Blend a ripe banana to a thick consistency and mix it with honey in a 4:1 ratio. Apply it to your hair, massaging into the roots. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Mask for damaged hair
This DIY mask with olive oil and coconut oil will help you with damaged hair. Together, these 2 ingredients succeed in revitalizing your hair. Both oils can penetrate the hair shaft.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil: it is a nourishing and strengthening oil, containing vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids. It makes the hair softer and shinier, while reducing breakage and split ends.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil: It also contains fatty acids and vitamin E. It moisturizes, nourishes and reduces protein loss.
Add the ingredients to a bowl and mix them. Then apply the mask, making sure to saturate the ends and damaged areas. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the mask on for 30 minutes to an hour, then rinse.
Mask for curly hair
For natural curls that need extra nourishment, you can use ingredients like avocado, honey and oil plus coconut milk, which not only moisturizes but also helps detangle the hair.
- 1 medium or large avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut, avocado or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Snail slime hair mask
Oa mSnail slime hair mask by Nuvò Cosmetic is a professional fortifying treatment that will leave your hair shiny and healthy. It is a mask that uses the synergy of 10 active ingredients:
- Snail slime
- Vegetable keratin
- Hypericum extract
- Nettle extract
- Sage extract
- Joboba oil
- Coconut oil
- Orange extract
- Almond oil
- Provitamin B5
How to apply the snail slime mask
Wash your hair first. Then apply the mask, as recommended above, to damp hair, which you have towel-dried.
Leave the mask on for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and dry your hair. You can use this mask on any hair type, even several times a week.
Benefits of the snail slime mask
Vegetable keratin and essential oils, together with snail slime help you detangle your hair making it shiny, velvety and soft.