Taking care of the skin of the face is a habit to be taken seriously, both to slow down the natural aging of the skin and to keep it healthy. A good skincare routine is the first step in regaining the health and radiance of your skin.
How to get healthy skin? First you need to know your skin type , because using the wrong products for your skin type could make acne, dryness or other problems worse.
So you need to find out if you have dry, normal, oily or sensitive skin , so you can treat it with the right ingredients.
How to take care of the skin of the face: follow the right routine
In general, there are 5 steps to follow to take care of the skin on your face.
- Cleaning : it is good to choose a delicate cleanser that does not leave the skin tense after washing. Facial cleansing should be done at most 2 times a day, or even just once if you have dry skin and don't wear makeup. It's important to take care not to strip the skin's natural oils.
- Cleansing milk : you can also use a cleansing milk, which is always a delicate product to use even every day.
- Face serum : what is the best serum for the face? A serum with vitamin C or peptides is best in the morning, under sunscreen, while a serum with retinol or retinoids is best at night. The market today offers you various types of serums, so you need to know how to choose the right face serum for your skin problems ( here you will find a wide selection of snail slime face serums , suitable for different skin types).
- Eye contour cream : don't neglect the eye contour . It is a very delicate area of the face. You can apply either a regular moisturizer to the under eye area or a specific eye contour cream.
- Moisturizer : Every skin type, even oily skin, needs a moisturizer. Use a light and non-comedogenic cream (that does not clog pores), such as Nuvò Cosmetic snail slime face creams .
Watch out for new face products
You will be tempted to buy more and more products to care for the skin of the face, but don't take them at random.
We talked about the importance of knowing your skin type: before adding extra products – such as exfoliants, masks and various treatments – you must therefore see how your skin reacts and test new products, especially if you suspect you have sensitive skin.
That's why we recommend doing a patch test for every new product:
- Apply a small amount of product to the skin in an area of the body that you will be able to cover if you experience a reaction, such as the inside of the wrist or arm.
- Wait 48 hours to see if a reaction occurs and then another 48 hours, as there may be a delayed reaction.
“What kind of allergic reaction?” you ask. You may notice irritation, redness, or even small bumps or itching. If you notice these symptoms, then wash the affected area with water and a mild cleanser. And of course don't use that product and try another one that is more suitable for your skin type.
More tips to take care of the skin of the face
The skin of the face is more subject to attacks by atmospheric agents, bacteria and smog than the other parts of the body, which are generally covered. To keep it healthy, it therefore needs good care, to be followed every day.
Protect your face skin from the sun : exposing your skin to ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause various problems and create blemishes, such as wrinkles, spots, but also increase the risk of skin cancer.
You should apply sunscreen every two hours, or even more often if you're swimming or sweating.
Read the ingredients of face products : you have to focus on both quality and natural products, perhaps by buying organic cosmetics . Above all you have to consider that the European Union has introduced strict regulations that ban over 1,300 ingredients, which can be harmful to the skin.
Use products that contain antioxidants : Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, which damage your skin and body. They are generated from fried foods, alcohol and pesticides.
It is therefore good not only to introduce foods with antioxidants into your diet - such as dark chocolate, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries - but also to use skin care products that include antioxidants, such as vitamin C, green tea, olive leaves, licorice root and pomegranate.
Treat your skin gently both when using a cleanser and when shaving. Don't use water that's too hot and don't stay in the shower for too long, as the natural oils in your skin will be stripped away.
Also, never use harsh cleansers or soaps, as they, like water, can strip oil from the skin.
When you dry your skin after a bath or shower, gently pat it dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
Eat a healthy diet , consuming plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins, and drink plenty of water, as it helps keep your skin hydrated.
Avoid smoking , because, in addition to damaging the body, it makes the skin of the face look older and contributes to the formation of wrinkles. It also constricts the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin, decreasing blood flow and making the skin paler by depleting oxygen and nutrients important to skin health.
Smoking also damages collagen and elastin , the fibers that give skin strength and elasticity, and increases the risk of skin cancer.
Control stress , as it can make your facial skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems.
As you can see, a few precautions are enough to take care of the skin of the face, but above all it is essential not to interrupt the routine, because the skin needs to be taken care of every day.