Which cleansing milk do you use for your face? The cleansers on the market don't always give beneficial effects for the skin: some are too hard and could crack the skin of the face. Have you ever thought about using a cleansing milk ?
First of all we tell you that it is not real milk, but a natural emulsion . It is called milk because it has the consistency and color of milk. Now let's see this product in detail, when and how to use it and which one to choose.
What is cleansing milk?
We have mentioned that cleansing milk is an emulsion, a light lotion composed of fat and water, which does not contain harsh chemicals or soap. Removes impurities from the skin, but without stripping its natural oils. The skin, therefore, after cleansing with this product, remains hydrated, clean, fresh and protected.
Cleansing milk is effective for removing makeup and dirt accumulated during the day from the skin of the face and is suitable for any skin, from normal to combination, precisely because it is delicate and has many soothing, regenerating and moisturizing properties.
When to use cleansing milk?
Being delicate, you can use it both in the morning and in the evening.
- In the morning : applied to the face upon awakening, it eliminates signs left by sleep and leaves the skin fresh and protected, able to welcome the make-up and face the day.
- In the evening : on the other hand, eliminate the traces of dirt that have accumulated all day, sweat, dust and make-up.
Can it be used daily?
Yes, because it is indeed a delicate product. Indeed, it is useful to use cleansing milk every day to ensure your skin is thoroughly cleaned and prevent the normal signs of aging.
The various types of facial cleanser
On the market - pharmacies, perfumeries, online shops - there are different types of cleansing milk . We have divided them both according to the consistency and according to the actions they perform on the skin.
You can choose the cleansing milk based on the consistency you prefer:
- Cream : it is the most used milk due to its simplicity of use and it is indicated for dry and normal skins. It can be applied with the fingers, gently massaging the face and then removing the dirt with cotton.
- Liquid : it is used by applying a small amount of the product on a cotton ball or disk.
- Lotion : it is considered a semi-liquid, it is a light product that is easily absorbed, suitable for sensitive and normal to slightly dry skin.
- Gel : it is lighter than cream milk and more suitable for oily skin or impure skin (acne, pimples, blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads).
- Foam : it is a new product. It is found in the form of a fluid, which becomes foamy when applied to the skin. Indicated for combination or oily skin.
- Wipes : It is not highly recommended. These are wipes soaked in cleansing milk, sometimes together with tonic and make-up remover. They find utility in travel, to limit the items to pack. But for daily use it is better to choose a milk among the other types on display.
Or choose it according to the functions performed:
- Delicate : it is especially suitable for sensitive skins, it cleans thoroughly without creating redness or irritation.
- Moisturizing : indicated for dry skin, it cleanses and hydrates the skin, respecting its natural pH.
- Cleansing milk with collagen : it is a milk that contains an important active ingredient – collagen, in fact – a protein contained in the skin, the production of which decreases with age and must be replenished. Collagen milk is therefore ideal for dry, mature, dehydrated skin.
- Detoxifying : it is a product that eliminates the toxins that form on the cells of the epidermis, purifying the skin and leaving it radiant.
- Thermal cleansing milk : it is a soothing milk that maintains the natural balance of the skin. Contains ingredients that restore freshness to the skin.
How to use cleansing milk for different skin types?
We have said that it is a delicate lotion and can be applied to any type of skin. But we also know that every skin type (dry, oily, combination, impure, sensitive) has its own characteristics and needs.
- Dry skin : milk, in addition to cleaning, moisturizes the skin. For dry skin, therefore, it can be used 2 times a day, in the evening to thoroughly cleanse the face and in the morning before going out.
- Combination skin : use it in the evening. In the morning, cleanse your face with a mild cleanser.
- Sensitive skin : use it only once a day, in the evening, to cleanse make-up and dirt.
- Acne : also in this case the skin is delicate, so it is good to apply it only once a day, in the evening.
- Tanned skin : You can use it twice a day, morning and evening. The milk will relieve the burning sensation and soothe your skin, smoothing it and protecting it from the sun's rays.
How does cleansing milk work?
Although it is a delicate and dermatologically tested product, this milk manages to remove dirt, dead skin cells and excess sebum, deeply cleaning the pores of the skin.
It also restores the water balance and pH of the skin.
How to apply cleansing milk?
Using a facial cleansing milk should become part of your facial skin care routine. But how is it to be applied?
Here are the steps to follow for a good facial cleansing with cleansing milk :
- Wash your hands first to remove impurities and do not transfer any germs to your face.
- Take a small amount of milk on the palm of your hand (but warm your hands, rubbing or rinsing them with warm water) and gently massage into damp skin, with circular movements, for a couple of minutes, especially on the neck, chin, forehead and cheeks. covering all areas. Typically the first cleaning is done to remove makeup and the top layer of dirt. You can also apply milk to a cotton pad, doing the same movements.
- Perform a second cleansing to allow the cleanser to deeply cleanse pores, prevent blemishes and soothe skin.
- Rinse with warm water and dry the skin with a soft, clean towel.
The benefits of facial cleansing milk
The beneficial action of cleansing milk is not limited to facial cleansing alone, but gives the skin a series of important benefits:
- Deeply cleanses the skin by gently removing make-up and impurities.
- Hydrates the skin, neutralizing the drying effects of hard water.
- Regulates the lipid balance of the skin.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- It is an effective night cleanser and helps to strengthen and invigorate the skin.
- Maintains the pH of the epidermis within normal limits.
- It prevents premature aging and delays the natural aging of the skin.
- Leaves a clear and pure complexion.
Facial cleansing milk
It is particularly suitable for the skin of the face: as we have seen, it eliminates traces of dirt that normally accumulate during the day, deeply cleanses the skin of excess sebum, also eliminates traces of make-up and leaves the skin fresh after one night of sleep.
One of the main functions of cleansing milk for the face is therefore to free the skin from various impurities, penetrating deeply but without irritating or altering the characteristics of the epidermis and its pH values.
Best cleansing milk
What characteristics and properties must a good cleansing milk have?
- It must be able to remove all types of impurities: make-up, sebum and dirt.
- It shouldn't disrupt the skin's natural balance.
- Can be used for any skin type, even the most delicate.
- The skin should feel refreshed, bright, clean and rejuvenated.
- Possess soothing properties and reduce signs of redness and irritation.
- Protect the skin from aggressive substances of the external environment.
- Above all, it must be delicate, to be used daily.
Facial cleansing milk and tonic
Many wonder what the difference is between cleansing milk and tonic and which of the 2 products to use first. Does it really change anything if you apply a tonic before cleansing your face with a cleansing milk? Or is it better to start with an exfoliating scrub ?
As much as you may use great products, the order in which they are applied matters a lot. That is, there is a sort of priority, which guarantees you the overall effectiveness of the products you apply on your skin.
What is a tonic?
Toner is a liquid that absorbs and helps remove excess dirt, traces of sebum, makeup, plus it helps balance the skin's pH. A facial toner deeply cleanses the skin, removing dead skin cells. It also helps cleanse pores.
You should start your facial cleansing with a cleansing milk , which thoroughly removes makeup and dirt and other impurities, because it's the first step in your daily skincare routine.
Follow with a toner. Once the skin is properly cleansed, it is ready to receive the benefits of other suitable products. The toner acts as an advanced skin cleanser, as well as providing a layer of protection.
After using the cleansing milk and drying the skin, apply the toner. Don't wait too long, the effectiveness of the toner is maximum now that you have just cleansed your skin, because it is more absorbent (you have removed the layer of dirt, make-up and dead cells).
Take a generous amount of skin toner on a cotton ball or pad, gently swipe it over your face, focusing more on the most problematic areas, usually the sides of your nose and T-zone.
A good rule to follow is:
Three phases for perfect care of your face and skin. That's 3 steps to a basic routine.
How to recognize a delicate cleansing milk?
If you're looking for a gentle cleansing milk , it means you have sensitive skin. What characteristics must it therefore encounter?
In addition to carrying out its normal cleaning action, it must also be moisturizing and soothing. It must give the skin a veil of luminosity and freshness, leaving a feeling of comfort, with active ingredients that ensure skin softness every day, keeping its pH values unchanged.
Snail slime cleansing milk
This type of product is an organic cleansing milk , which contains snail slime and a series of active ingredients beneficial to the skin.
The properties of snail slime for the skin are many:
- Moisturizing : promotes tissue oxygenation and hydration.
- Nourishing : it is rich in vitamins, proteins and essential amino acids, therefore it represents an excellent supplement for the skin.
- Purifying : contains peptides and glycolic acid , substances that prevent the accumulation of impurities and facilitate their elimination.
- Antioxidant : it is rich in vitamin C, which counteracts the action of free radicals.
- Anti-wrinkle : slows down the progressive aging of the skin, makes the tissues more toned and elastic, relieves wrinkles, reduces spots and scars.
- Exfoliating : Contains glycolic acid, a substance that gently exfoliates the surface layer of the skin and stimulates the formation of collagen .
Active ingredients of snail slime facial cleansing milk and their properties
- Hyaluronic acid with 3 molecular weights : it is a substance naturally present in our skin, which retains water and helps keep the skin hydrated. It also has anti-aging benefits, reduces wrinkles, gives skin softness and tone. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Red vine oil : it is grape seed oil , a by-product of winemaking. After pressing the grapes, this oil is extracted from the seeds (the grape seeds, in fact). The oil contains vitamin E and omega-6 fatty acids, which fight free radicals and environmental factors such as pollution and UV rays. The oil moisturizes the skin, has beneficial effects against acne and lightens the skin.
- Almond oil : it is primarily obtained from sweet almonds. It is an oil rich in vitamins E and A, monosaturated fatty acids, minerals such as zinc and potassium and proteins. Almond oil has soothing properties (against eczema, skin rashes and sun exposure), reduces dark circles under the eyes, is anti-inflammatory, improves complexion tone, also has beneficial effects on skin with acne, prevents and reducesstretch marks , smooths skin.
- Rice Oil : This is rice bran oil and is used to reduce skin blemishes. It is extracted from the seed and shell of rice. Rice oil contains fatty acids rich in Omega 3 and 9. It is an excellent moisturizer.
- Argan oil : it is produced from the extract of the seeds of the fruit of the argan tree, a plant that grows in the southwestern area of Morocco. It was used by local people to treat skin problems, such as psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles. In fact, argan oil makes the skin softer and more elastic, improving its hydration.
Natural extracts with protective action
- Organic yarrow extract : coming from Achillea millefolium (yarrow), it is used in the treatment of oily and acne prone skin. It is also a soothing against irritations and minor rashes. It is also used for dry skin.
- Organic calendula extract : comes from the flowers of Calendula officinalis , a medicinal herb used in herbal medicine. Calendula oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is used to improve the quality and appearance of the skin. Protects from sun damage, reduces redness and bruising